So, the least you could say is that battles have never been my thing. Proof is, I've never ever made anything for battles along my scripting career. Until today.
No custom battle system yet, just animated battlers, but animated in a nice way. I don't like how all CBS around here all feel so static, so I decided and try myself at making something that would make battles spring to life. For that I drew inspiration (mainly) from Valkyrie Profile, and I have to say that I'm pretty satisfied so far.
I should credit Holder for making the spritesheets I decided to make use of, and while I'm there I recommend you take a look at his site be cause he's a really talented spriter.
- Lively animations
- Horizontal scrolling with camera and perspective effect
- Voice acting support
- Thoroughly customizable - create battle animations setting up various parameters (pose, jump/rush, range, knockback strength...) and freely bind them to weapons/skills/items
- Theoretically compatible with any battle systems that comply with RPG Maker XP's base engine specifications
Video showcase courtesy of DrQuijano (only the first part)
- Enhanced battle interface with the Animated Custom Menu System
- A new battle system while I'm at it
- For some reason, the script tends to lag at the end of battle animations (mostly when the target falls back to the ground after being hurled in the air). I have absolutely no idea at the moment why it does that, I will however keep an eye for a solution. I'm experiencing such lags on my laptop, though, so i'm confident that users with more powerful computers are not likely to notice it at all.
Voices from Valkyrie Profile
The following link provides a demo for said script.