While looking around for balloon messages sytemes, I noticed two things - first, the balloons are often ugly and second, they are often part of a broader custom messages system, which forces you to use that system. So I wondered if there was possible to make a balloon system that would be independant of any custom messages system, and how to make visually appealing graphics for balloons. And here's the result.
- Fully customizable font type and size - see the balloon adapt dynamically around your constraints.
- Fully interfaced with RMXP's eventing system - no script call or any funny stuff like that ever.
- Fully emulates RMXP's standard messaging functions, including color change and actor name substitution.
- Customizable, full-color graphics for balloons using a unique Balloonskin module - which works pretty much like Windowskins. Three Balloonskins (normal, thinking, angry) featured by default.
- Multiple balloons may be displayed simultaneously.
- Theoretically compatible with other custom messages systems.
The following links provide demos for said script. Please install the script bundle beforehand to have it run properly.
Download Balloon Messages v1.01 Demo (223 KB)
If you like this work and wish to share it with friends or communities, you may use this widget, along with a link to this page.